Tuesday, July 8, 2014

2014 Pool Party Playlist : Playlist series part 1

It's summer, schools out, you've been out of high school halls and college dorms long enough to forget your locker combinations. Besides a part-time summer job to save up a bit, you've probably got one thing on your mind. Enjoying your summer. If you have a pool or one of your best buds have one, then a pool party is an awesome way to spend a day.

Music is a great way to change the mood of any event or preserve it for that matter. Today I thought I'd share whats on the top ten of my pool party-playlist for 2014. I'm of those guys who's friend as the pool.

1.  Don Henley - Boys of Summer
This song is practically a summer anthem for me. Not to mention Don Henley has such a distinct voice.

2.  Will Smith - Miami
I can vividly remember this song being played at the first " Big Boy" pool party I ever went to. I was 12 and there was even an open snack bar set up and the parents stayed inside and not on the patio to full on super-vise.  Since then, this has always been a pool party staple for me.

3. The Eagles- Hotel California


This song may have been your Dad's pool party jam back in '72, but it's timeless. Add a vintage summer vibe to your tunes with this bad boy.

4. M83- Midnight City




Over all I like this song, it's a simple feel good song.

5.  Bryan Adams - Smmer of 69
This song is simple, because it's so true. When you get a little older and start looking back. There are some summers that'll just stand out to you and stick with you. Memories.

6. Miley Cyrus- Party in the USA


I will confess, I'm not the biggest Miley fan, in fact I'm not. But this song it's summer. It fits and I truthfully love it. Even though I didn't want to it. 

7.  Capitol Cities - Safe and Sound


This song is great, it's one of the best curren songs around to me. It's light, feel good and fun. Exactly what you need at a pool party.

8. Calvin Harris - Summer


This song is pretty self-explanitory. The name says it all. Not only it's a feel good song with great back beat. It's about summer and more or less falling in love. Meeting someone special. 

9.  Cody Simpson - La da dee


Can we really argue a song with a Ukelele? This song is just plain fun to me with the summery infusion of the Ukelele.

10.  Aaron Carter - Summertime ft the Baha Men
This song, this just expresses everything great about being home from college and out of high school for the summer. Sure it's a little cheesey, but it's just good old fun. This song probably came out when I was 14 and we probably broke a few CDs over-playing this song on the beach or at pool parties in the early '00s

These are my top ten on my summer pool party playlist. I hope you guys get a chance to check them out. I know it's an eclectic list, but thats just me for you.  If you have more pool party james that you like. Feel free to send them to me on twitter @major_hutch or leave them in the comment below. 

Later Days.
- H








No comments:

Post a Comment