Monday, July 21, 2014

Pencil Box Nostalgia

I add stickers to some furniture, like old travel trunks

The other day, I basically scrubbed down my entire desk. Which happens to be a $15 auction find, my parental units aquirred in '94. I took off a few years of sharpie marker from wayward art projects and ink bleeds. Needless to say it's quite white now.

I decided to hang up a couple posters on my wall as a backdrop for my desk, a mere college guy tactic to concealing some wall damage, which I'll repair in the coming months. I plan on repainting my room and reflecting my more mature and refined tastes. To hang the posters, I had to move the entire desk as a result I dumped all the drawers from their bays. In the process, I unearthed my old Spacemaker pencil box from grade school.

Who Had One?
These things were built to last, I was never particularly easy on school supplies. Most everything I had got destroyed, lost or borrowed and never returned. Every parent and grown kid on the planet, knows this reality. I wonder if you can still find these things? I wouldn't mind grabbing on in Blue and Dark green to contemplate my orange one. Well more on point, just to sort out my various writing and drawing impliments.

Anybody else have one of these growing up? I actually used one straight from fourth grade to 12th. I'm still using it now to store my Sharpies, Pens, Mechanical Pencils and a pack of markers. " Total Big Kid"

Hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment