Monday, June 30, 2014

Headphones for the College kid.

Let's face it, we love music. It expresses our feelings, lifts our spirits and makes life a lot more awesome. In college, you're going to listen the 80% of your tunes through a pair of headphones. Headphones are not only delivery method for music, but a nod to your personal style and your over all lifestye.  Let's face another shinning truth about college, you're likely going to be kind of broke. You're paying for food, books, tuitioin, sometimes even laundry. So I've compiled a list of a few awesome headphones to fit your wallet, and your style. Most of all, I've actually used these. I'm an athletic guy and I'm not easy on my headphones.




Wicked Audio Deuce

I love the Deuce in- ear headphones. They've got a comfortable fit and they don't fall out of your ear needlessly.

20-20,000 HZ freaquency, 10 MM driver and a 4ft cord. Making for some great sound quality.

Don't get me started on the colours made available for this model.
Red, Lime Green, Hot Pink, Orange, Black, Blue, White, Purple, Teal, Yellow. Making for a lot of options.

They retail between $9.00 and $12.00




Sony Fashion Earbuds

The fashion earbuds, are pretty generic in design. They're ear cushion free but have a big of a soft shell rubber capping on it.

13.5 mm driver, 18-22,000 HZ frequancey and 1.2 M cord.

They've got a solid section of colours
Light Blue, Green, Red, Black, Violet, Pink, and grey.

They retail for $9.99



Skullcandy Uprocks

Skullcandy has been a constant brand for me. Featuring some of the best sound quality. The uprocks an awesome on ear headphone.

Skullcandy has reputation for both basic colours, combination and some unqiue ones. They also do a lot of collaborations with other brands, athletes teams ect.

These retail for $39.99 to $49.99 depending on the uprock selection you choose.

It also features a solid warranty.




Moki Dome Headphones

These are an ok headphone in my book. They're pretty bass driven and I'm not huge on base when it comes to music.

They're a stylish piece, that remind me of old fashion pilot ear phones, on a 60s love trip.

They're carried by walmart and generally run under $30.00







PBteen/ PBdorm Rock-Out

I know Pottery Barn anything, makes you think about well built furniture, bedding with awesome patterns and style tiles. But the PBteen/ PBdorm brand headphones are actually pretty solid.

The last pair I had were rock-outs. Which were comfy on the ears, came in a sweet pattern and the sound quality was good for under $50.00.

Right now on the PBteen website they're running for $19.99 on sale in Houndstooth.






Over all, these are just some suggestions, from my experience. I'm not a huge fan of breaking my wallet on a pair of headphones. Especially considering how often and how hard I use them. Like design and just about anything, headphones are unique to the person wearing them. So get out there and find something that works for you.

For now, I'm back to the job search. Hope you're all well.
-Hutch





No comments:

Post a Comment