Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Summer Bucket List

Summer, it's a break from school and some of the more mundane things that make up a student's life. Summer should be yet another oppourtunity to forge new memories, try new things and hang out with the friends' you've grown up or went to high school with. Most students generally want a part-time/full-time summer job, but thats usually nessistiy so I'm not count it on my bucket list.

I'm a pretty money conscious guy, so I like to do a lot of things that are free or fairly cheap. So I can save money for the following school year or more important things like Christmas gifts for my family.

Cherry Blossoms Hyde Park
1. Visit Hyde Park: Seriously it's kind of local to me and I've never been here. I've always heard of these amazing cherry blossom trees and that it's a great park to go for a job or brush up on one's nature photography.

2.  Paint My Room: My room has been the same colour since I was 14 and my mother had veto powers. I've grown out of  blue on three walls and a burgendy accent wall look and I'm on the prowl for something more mature.

Canada's Wonderland: Leviathan

3. Ride The Leviathan:  I love rollercoasters! I vividly remember my first coaster being that little dragon one that pops up at carnivals. I was probably two. This summer, I've got Canada's Wonderland's Leviathan in my cross hairs. It's a Giga-Coaster ranked amoung the tallest coaster of any type in the world.

4. Round Off- Back Tuck: This year, I'm planning to be on the coed varsity cheer squad. I'll be a stunter(base) but I'd like to come in with a bit more tumbling under my belt. So training my round off- back tuck is on my buck list.

5. Visit a Museum: Even with school being out, it doesn't hurt to learn something new. A trip the museum is a fun way to learn new things. I'll probably take my nephew Joshua and make a day of it.

Splash Island Waterways
6. Youngest Nephew's First Waterslide: This summer my youngest nephew Eli is big enough for the small waterslides and park rides. I don't get to see him often, I miss a lot of milestones. This summer, I'll take him on his first waterslide. Like his brother before Joshua before him.





7.  Help a Homeless Person: I may not be rich, but I am blessed. I have a roof over my head, I know where my next meal is coming from and I only ever walk around barefeet because I feel like it. A lot of people don't have that luxury. This summer I want to make up a backpack kit, with a set of socks, a t-shirt, A tupperware, Can of pasta, Water Bottle, Box of granola bars, Soap bar, Tooth Brush, Toothpaste, Fork and a sandwich to give to a homeless person during my usual city trip.

looks delicious

8. Find a new Pizza Restaurant: Ever since high school, I'd research the net to find a nice pizza/ italian resturant to try when I'd visit new cities when the performace acrobatic team would go on tour. This summer, I'm starting that fire again and finding a pizza place in the city I've never tried before.

9. Build a Slip-N-Slide: I'll admit to being a 5 year old in a college body. But this summer I'd love to build a slip-n-slide and leave it up for a few days. To chill on with friends and even let the neighbourhood's younger kids have a go to cool off in the summer.

10. Sticky Note Random Cars: Find a sticky note pad, grab my favourite pen and head to the mall. Leave inspiring or nice messages stuck to the drives side of the windsheild. Leave a hashtag and maybe you'll be able to follow your own handy work.

I'm sure this list will grow in time, but these are some of the things I plan to do. What's on your summer bucketlist?

Hope you're having a great day
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment